Peso da Regua, Douro Valley, Portugal
Integrated Sustainable Viticulture
Winemaker: Jorge Sousa Pinto
Quinta da Devesa was included in the first map of the Douro Demarcated Region, created by Baron of Forrester in 1844. Acquired by the Fortunato family in 1941, the story of José Fortunato Júnior and his wife, Antónia Soares Fortunato, is of a life dedicated to Port. Since then it has been an independent family company, dedicated to the production of Douro wines and Port.
Located on the boundary of Baixo Corgo and Cima Corgo subregions, 10 kms from Peso da Régua in Northern Portugal, Quinta da Devesa vineyards and winery are located on a junction overlooking the rivers Douro and Corgo.
Comprising 30 hectares of vines planted between 50 – 500 masl, with north, south and western sun exposure the vines enjoy optimal hours of sunshine from the south facing slopes and freshness from the north. Different maturation times allow better vineyard management; an important point for the 100% Estate owned and produced Quinta da Devesa.